Food "Dos" and "Don'ts" (or in moderation :) )
We are all accustomed to hearing noise and mainstream theories on what causes skin distress and what leads to the beloved glow up. It’s also become common knowledge that the foods we eat greatly impact the health of our skin.
There’s SO many food choices out there!! What foods are healthy for our skin and which ones destroy our skin? Inquiring minds want to know, and we’ve got answers! Keep reading !
Let's Start with Food Dos:
- Ingredients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, Zinc, & Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- These ingredients help to develop acne-prone skin for the long term by reducing inflammation & helping balance hormone control.
- Examples: Seafood, Avocados, Nuts, Dark Chocolate, Green leaves/vegetables, & bell peppers are all your skin’s friends.
What we should eat in moderation, or eliminate if you're feeling fancy:
- Ingredients: Whey protein, casein, starch, sugar, processed foods and dairy
- These ingredients trigger inflammatory agents that can cause hormone imbalances and clogged pores, which results in acne.
- Examples: Cheese, ice cream, high sugar foods/drinks, high sugar condiments (ketchup, salad dressing, barbecue sauce), cookies and chips.
Healthy food habits can lead to long term, healthy skin rewards.
So, let’s start together with these food DOs and moderation/elimination foods.
Tag us on IG (@lolabelles_beauty) showing off your food DOs. We would love to feature you!!